Murder Mystery Weekend- Harrogate 4* Hotel
It’s 1932 Lord Jolyon Jape is hosting his annual pre-Christmas party but tonight there is an unexpected guest, a Bulgarian ballet dancer, and a body in the library.
A classic whodunit but this time the butler didn’t do it.
Spice will have their own reserved tables for you to work as a team to decide who the Murderer is on the Friday Night starting at 7.30 pm with a welcome drink followed by a 3-course Dinner followed by tea or coffee
This party is set in 1932 and you are Lord Jolyon Jape’s special guests, so black tie, long dresses and a touch of glamour are invited.
What to expect on the evening –
You are the detectives and it’s up to you to work out whodunit as Lord Jolyon Jape welcomes everyone to the annual party.
· Talk among yourselves and share your theories
· There will be case files on the tables with evidence and information for you to look at before the evening’s mystery begins
· There are clues inside to be opened after each performance when directed
· There is notepaper inside the case files and pens will be on the table too
· There will be three performances around you as you enjoy your three-course meal
· After each performance you will have a chance to question the suspects
· Only the killer is allowed to lie but sometimes you may need to ask your question twice or in a different way to get the answer you need
· Be prepared for loud and unexpected noises—this is a murder mystery after all!
On Saturday after breakfast, we will be heading into Harrogate, which is just a 5-10 minutes walk away after a robbery is revealed.
The Murder mystery company will set up the treasure hunt exclusively for Spice and will be on the treasure hunt throughout as a character in the treasure hunt, assisting and there to deliver clues that might have been missed
• There will be a detective/suspect as well on the trail
• There will be notebooks and pens for the teams
• The clues will be delivered across Harrogate using passcodes to access the webpages and videos
• There will be prizes to be won for the Top Detective, Best Team Name and Furthest From The Truth Solution
• The clues and QR codes will be on a specific website for Heist.
• There will be a total of six suspects - two of whom are available and will remain available throughout the event.
• Murder mystery company will put together case files for each team so they have information before they set off including the map with the location of the clues they have previously hidden (20 clues to hide) This promises to be a really immersive and fun experience.
You will have time to explore Harrogate yourself in the afternoon and relax.
Perhaps try Harrogate's famous Turkish bath or enjoy afternoon tea at Bettys Tea room.
In the evening we will be joining a Shared Festive Party starting at 7 pm with a welcome drink,
3-course meal with tea and coffee plus a Disco to dance the night away until 12.30
After Breakfast and check out we can enjoy a stroll together for 2 hours and perhaps round off the weekend with an optional extra Sunday Lunch.
- Murder Mystery Dinner with Actors,
- Treasure Hunt,
- Disco & Party Dinner Bed Breakfast in 4 * Hotel
Any other food and drink
Car parking £10 per night on site
Location & Itinerary
This is a sample menu of what we can expect for Dinner on Friday & Saturday
The actual menu and pre orders will be taken nearer the time
Festive Sample Menu
Sweet Potato and Thyme Soup, Crispy Leeks (V) (GF)
Ham Hock Terrine,with Pickled Vegetables, Garden Pea and Shallot Dressing, Chargrilled Ciabatta
Sloe Gin Cured Salmon, with Beetroot and Horseradish Textures, Soused Cucumber (GF)
Traditional Roast Turkey, served with Roast Potatoes, Cranberry Stuffing, Pigs in Blankets, Gravy
Slow Cooked Feather Blade of Beef served with Fondant Potato, Peppercorn Sauce
Hake Fillet, served with Spring Onion Mash Potato, Wholegrain Mustard Butter Sauce (GF)
Portobello Mushroom Lattice, stuffed with Spinach and Blue Cheese, Cep Cream Sauce (V)
Butternut Squash and Chickpea Tagine, with Pomegranate Couscous, Flat Breads (V)
All served with Honey Roast Parsnips, Brussel Sprouts and Carrots
Traditional Christmas Pudding, with Brandy Sauce
White Chocolate and Grand Marnier Iced Parfait, with an Orange Coulis and Ginger Tuille
Glazed Seasonal Plum and Apple Tart, with a Crème Anglaise
Freshly-Brewed Tea or Coffee and Mince Pie
Travel & Stay
Surrounded by picturesque lawns and gardens, The Old Swan was once the famous retreat of Agatha Christie. It offers modern rooms with en suite facilities and on-site car parking.
Originally an 18th-century coaching inn, it now features rooms with tea and coffee-making facilities, a TV and trouser press. Some also have a stand-alone bath and views over the garden.
The traditional Swan Lounge and Bar offers a selection of beverages and afternoon teas, while the Wedgewood and Library restaurants serve fresh, locally sourced dishes.
The Old Swan was home to Agatha Christie during her disappearance in 1926, and has since been used as a film set for the 1979 film, Agatha.
In all of the rooms whether you will find everything you need to make for a comfortable stay
- En-suite Bathroom and toiletries
- Tea & Coffee making facilities
- Flat Screen Television with digital channels
- Easy Chairs and Coffee Table
- Iron & Ironing Board
- Laundry Service including same day laundry available
- Room service
- Free WiFi Access
The Old Swan Hotel is just a short walk from Harrogate town centre, the building is 5 minutes’ walk from the famous Betty’s Tearoom and 15 minutes from Harrogate Railway Station.
Direct trains from Leeds and York with limited direct trains from London
Harrogate is just off the A1 and if you are driving you may want to incorporate one of these 6 scenic drives whilst in Yorkshire
The nearest airport is Leeds / Bradford which is just 14 miles away
|FEMALE Member Twin Share pp 2 nights Fri/Sat||£299.00||Available|
|Member Double share pp 2 nights Fri/ Sat||£299.00||Sold Out|
|Member Twin Share pp 2 nights Fri/Sat||£299.00||Sold Out|
|Member Single 2 nights Fri/Sat||£325.00||Sold Out|
|Member Double Sole Occ 2 nights Fri/ Sat||£375.00||Sold Out|
Not enough spaces left for you? Join the waitlist